- #Noisevember 2020Throughout November 2020, I’ve been taking park in designing a sound by following a list of prompts to spark inspiration and posting these clips on Twitter and Instagram most days. It has been such a fun challenge and inspiring to see what other sound designers have been doing with these prompts! Follow me on twitter @sarahsherIock and @sarahsherlock.studio on instagram
- Film Score and Music’s effect on EmotionIntroduction One of music’s most basic functions in film is to convey emotion to the audience. This blog post attempts to break down a scene and how we perceive the musics method within the scene, considering what doesContinue reading “Film Score and Music’s effect on Emotion”
- Game Music Functions In: The Last Of UsIn Naughty Dogs 2013 hit game The Last of Us therein lies a tale of horror, lost humanity and lingering hope. A game that is critically acclaimed for its compelling narrative and a perfect demonstration of Immersion inContinue reading “Game Music Functions In: The Last Of Us”
- Interactive Music in Video GamesAn Introduction on Interactive Music in Games Scoring music for games relies on many techniques inherited from film scoring, including harmonic, dynamic and rhythmic development, cadences and themes. The main function of music in media is to supportContinue reading “Interactive Music in Video Games”
- Procedural Sound Design in GamesProcedural Sound Design. An Introduction This blog post discusses ‘Procedural Audio’ and the use of ‘Procedural Sound Design’ in video games. ‘Procedural Audio’ is a term first popularised by Andy Farnell, where sounds produced are the result ofContinue reading “Procedural Sound Design in Games”
- VFX Sound Design Contest_asoundeffect.comRecently I decided to challenge myself in taking part in an international sound design contest ran by the brilliant asoundeffect.com The challenge was to create audio for the short vfx clip by only using (This is where theContinue reading “VFX Sound Design Contest_asoundeffect.com”
If you think I would be a good fit for your project, please say hello on social media or send an email instantly here!